2021 Curriculum Institute - Virtual Event
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!
WHEN: July 7-9, 2021
*** Dates and Times Subject to Change***
How to participate
The event will take place in the virtual event platform Pathable. All attendees will receive an email prior to the event with a unique user login. The platform works with email as your user id, so please make sure all attendees emails are their actual emails. If you are an admin and are registering a group of people, please make sure you are prepared with each persons unique email. Please use chrome as your browser as it has the best functionality with the program.
Event links to the Virtual Event and Zoom Platform will be emailed to all registered attendees at a later date. All sessions will have closed captioning available.
Please make sure to submit individual emails for all attendees as that will be their access to the virtual event platform.
Early Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 9th, 2021
Final Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 30th, 2021
Early Registration: $200
Late Registration: $250
- Early Registration: - June 9th, 2021 before 5:00 pm
- Late Registration: - June 9th, 2021 after 5:00 pm
- Presenter Registration: Information coming soon.
Please note, This event is credit card payments only.
This event will utilize automated closed captioning. If you would like to request a live human closed captioner for any of our offerings, please contact us at communications [at] asccc.org at least 10 business days in advance.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
Please contact the Academic Senate Event Team at events [at] asccc.org with any questions or concerns.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations please contact Edie Martinelli at events [at] asccc.org. Three weeks advance notice of need for accommodations is requested.
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
All attendee registrations must match the ticket. If you would like to transfer your registration, you must cancel the first one, then register the second attendee online. If a payment transfer needs to be made because payment was made by check, you must contact the Senate Office directly with a written notification at events [at] asccc.org.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- Payment is required prior to entering an Academic Senate event.
- Please remember that the last day (June 9th, 2021) to cancel your registration without penalty is always posted on each event's webpage, and is listed in each confirmation email. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to events [at] asccc.org on or before the posted date. Registration will not be canceled due to non-payment. All cancellations made after the posted cancellation date will be assessed a cancellation fee.
- Full Refunds will not be granted for cancellations after the posted cancellation deadline.
- Cancellations made less than 7 business working days prior (June 30th, 2021) to the event will be billed the full registration amount $200/$250 for the conference.
- No shows, unclaimed "TBA" attendees, and cancellations made after the deadline will be billed to you and/or your college for the total cost of registration and room if applicable to the event. As attendees are permitted to register without funds, we have no way of determining cancellation unless specifically told, in writing.
- It is your responsibility to ensure payment of the registration fee. Submission of your registration signifies agreement with this policy.
- Unpaid balances owed to the Academic Senate must be paid off before an attendee can register for a future event.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
No, All attendee registrations must match the ticket. If you would like to transfer your registration, you must cancel the first one, then register the second attendee online.
Your registration submission for the event signifies your agreement to the following:
Participant/Attendee shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges, its officers, directors, partners, agents, and employees, from and against any and all demands, claims, damages to persons or property, losses and liabilities, including reasonable attorney’s fees arising out of or caused by participant or attendee’s willful misconduct or negligence in connection with the provision of services or the use of the Hotel facilities, except to the extent and percentage attributable to the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges or its agents’, subcontractors’, representatives’, employees’ or attendees’ willful misconduct or negligence.
Photo Release Information
By participating in the event, you agree to grant permission to the rights of your image, likeness and sound of your voice as recorded on audio or video tape without payment or any other consideration. I understand that my image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of my image or recording. I also understand that this material may be used in diverse educational settings within an unrestricted geographic area. Photographic, audio or video recordings may be used for the following purposes:
educational presentations or courses
informational presentations or workshops
on-line educational courses, presentations, or workshops
Tentative schedule subject to change
Wednesday July 7th
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Pre-Sessions
New/Newer (and aspiring) Curriculum Chairs/ Committee members
New/Newer Curriculum Specialists
New/Newer (and aspiring) Curriculum Administrators
New/Newer Articulation Officers
Faculty Leaders: Program Coordinators/Liaisons/Leaders
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. LUNCH
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. General Session 1
The Vision: Curriculum Realities
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Breakout 1
- Curriculum Basics
- Student Services and Support for Success
- Basics of Online Education- Accessibility/Flexibility for Students
- Integration of GP throughout the college
- Transfer Basics
3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Breakout 2
- Noncredit Curriculum Basics
- Scheduling: A Student-Centered Approach
- Curriculum Check! Equity-Driven Systems-Cultural Responsiveness and Equity for the Student Experience
- Leveraging your GP Framework to advance DEI
- An Equity Framework for Competency Based Education (CBE)
5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Social Hour Acronyms AATD, + make up own acronyms?!
Thursday July 8th
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Networking by Role
9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Breakout 3
- Open Educational Resources (OER) and Open Educational Practices (OEP) – Accessible and Flexible Teaching Tools and Practices
- Work Based Learning/ Work Experience Education
- Course Outline of Record- Basics for Equity
- Integration of Guided Pathways and Program Review for Strong Learning Outcomes for Students
- Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)
10:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Breakout 4
- MQ’s/Equivalency/Assigning Courses to Disciplines
- Leveraging Student Services to Provide Wrap Around Support Services for Student Success during Unprecedented Times!
- CTE Program Alignment and Design for Equity, Access and Flexibility
- Pillars of Success to Ensuring Learning- An Equity Focus
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. LUNCH
1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. General Session 2
Curriculum Legislation Updates/ Hot Topics
3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Breakout 5
- Navigating Curriculum Technology and Management Systems
- College and Career Readiness: Noncredit Pathways
- Open Educational Resources (OER), Curriculum, Articulation, and Student Success
- Serving Students/ Teaching and Learning
- Says Who? Brown Act and/or Roberts Rules
5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Networking: Conversation with President/Vice President
Friday July 9th
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. General Networking
Mix / Match- It’s just breakfast- speed dating
9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Breakout 6
- Transfer Pathways Advocacy (C-ID, ADT)
- Curriculum Committee: Effective Practices & Partnerships
- Credit/Noncredit Distance Education- DE Addendums, Guidelines, Faculty Preparation, Attendance Accounting
- Effective Practices for Embedding Ethnic Studies at the Local College
10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. General Session 3/ Wrap Up