Deadline to Register/Application Deadline
The Academic Senate invites you to attend the 2023 Faculty Leadership Institute on June 14-17, 2023, held at the Westin San Francisco Airport Hotel! Join us this June to attend impactful breakout sessions, discuss statewide matters, vote on important Resolutions, and to network and engage with faculty across our system.
When: June 14-17, 2023
Where: The Westin San Francisco Airport & Zoom Events Virtual Event Platform
When: June 14-17, 2023
Registration: We will be taking credit card payments only for this event. If you need to make alternative arrangements, please email events [at] asccc.org.
Registration In-Person: $650
In-Person registration includes continental breakfast and lunch each day along with all conference materials. Dinners are on your own.
Virtual Only Registration : $650
In Person Registration will end June 2nd, 2023 at 5:00pm. Online Registration will end on June 9, 2023 at 5:00pm.
All registration after this date will be on-site registration only. Virtual only attendees will need to email events [at] asccc.org for space availability after June 9th.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations please contact Kayla Vue or Tonya Davis at events [at] asccc.org or phone 916-445-4753x102. Three weeks advance notice of need for accommodations is requested.
For your safety and the safety of others, we will ask you to refrain from entering common spaces if you are experiencing any symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath, running nose, or fever. Masks are encouraged but not mandatory for all attendees, staff, and presenters.
If you test positive leading up to the event, please review the CDC Isolation and Precautions guideline to determine what you need to do. If you have any further questions, please contact events [at] asccc.org.
COVID policies may be updated based on local health ordinances.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
We no longer take direct ticket transfers. You will need to submit a new registration for each person attending.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
• Payment is required prior to entering an Academic Senate event.
• Please remember that the last day (May 25th, 2023) to cancel your registration without penalty is always posted on each event's webpage, and is listed in each confirmation email. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to events [at] asccc.org on or before the posted date. Registration will not be canceled due to non-payment. All cancellations made after the posted cancellation date will be assessed a $175 cancellation fee.
• Full Refunds will not be granted for cancellations after the posted cancellation deadline.
• Cancellations made less than 7 business working days prior (June 6, 2023) to the event will be billed the full registration amount for the conference.
• No shows, unclaimed "TBA" attendees, and cancellations made after the deadline will be billed to you and/or your college for the total cost of registration and room if applicable to the event. As attendees are permitted to register without funds, we have no way of determining cancellation unless specifically told, in writing.
• It is your responsibility to ensure payment of the registration fee. Submission of your registration signifies agreement with this policy.
• Unpaid balances owed to the Academic Senate must be paid off before an attendee can register for a future event.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
No, All attendee registrations must match the ticket. We no longer take direct transfers. Every attendee must submit their own registration and payment.
Questions and Concerns
Please contact the Academic Senate Event Team at events [at] asccc.org with any questions or concerns.
For questions about accessibility or to request live captioning accommodations please contact Kayla Vue or Tonya Davis at events [at] asccc.org. Three weeks advance notice of need for accommodations is requested.
Hotel Information - The Westin San Francisco Airport Reservations
Please note that you must make hotel reservations separate from the event registration process. Registration confirmation for the event does note guarantee a hotel room reservation.
2023 Faculty Leadership Institute will be taking place at The Westin San Francisco Airport, 1 Old Bayshore Hwy, Millbrae, CA 94030
The Westin San Francisco Airport, $189 per night, offers discounted self-parking at $25/car/night. The reservation cut-off date is May 24th, 2023.
Additional Room Block: Aloft San Francisco Airport, $189 per night, offers discounted self-parking at $25/car/night. The reservation cut-off date is May 31, 2023.
Please contact Academic Senate Event Team at events [at] asccc.org or 916-445-4753x102 with any questions or concerns.
The virtual portion of Faculty Leadership Institute will be hosted in Zoom Events. Please use the provided resources for tips on accessing Zoom Events.
How to participate in Virtual Only:
The event will take place in the virtual event platform Zoom Events. All attendees will receive an email prior to the event with a unique user login. The platform works with email as your user id, so please make sure all attendees emails are their actual emails. If you are an admin and are registering a group of people, please make sure you are prepared with each persons unique email.
Event links to the Virtual Event Platform will be emailed to all registered attendees approximately 1 week prior to the start of the event. All sessions will have auto closed captioning available.
We acknowledge that this important work is taking place throughout the unceded territory of California, home to nearly 200 tribal nations. We acknowledge and honor the original inhabitants of our various regions. A land acknowledgment is a critical step towards working with native communities to secure meaningful partnership and inclusion in the stewardship and protection of their cultural resources and homelands.
We begin today by acknowledging that we are holding our gathering on the land of the Ohlone, Ramaytush, and Muwekma Nations who have lived and continue to live here. We recognize the Ohlone, Ramaytush, and Muwekma Nations and their spiritual connection to the ocean and the land as the first stewards and the traditional caretakers of this area we now call Millbrae. As we begin we thank them for their strength, perseverance and resistance.
We also wish to acknowledge the other Indigenous Peoples who now call Millbrae their home, for their shared struggle to maintain their cultures, languages, worldview and identities in our diverse City.
Guidelines for Dialogue
- Be true to yourself. We want to create an atmosphere for open, honest exchange.
- Commit to learning from each other. Listen to each other and acknowledge that we all come from different backgrounds, skills, interests, abilities, and values. We realize that it is these very differences that will increase our awareness and understanding through this process.
- Acknowledge each other’s experiences. We will not devalue people for their experiences, lack of experiences, or differences in interpretation of those experiences.
- Trust that others are doing the best they can. We will try not to ‘freeze people in time’ but leave space for everyone to learn and change through our interactions with one another.
- Challenge the idea and not the person. If we wish to challenge something that has been said, we will challenge the idea or the practice referred to, not the individual sharing this idea or practice.
- Speak your discomfort. If something is bothering you and you are open to sharing, please share it with the group. Often our emotional reactions to this process offer the most valuable learning opportunities.
- Step Up, Step Back. Be mindful of taking up much more space than others. On the same note, empower yourself to speak up when others are dominating the conversation.
(adapted from the University of Michigan Program on Intergroup Relations, IGR)
RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE HELP
If you have any questions about the process, or need help with resolutions, please contact the Resolutions Committee by emailing resolutions [at] asccc.org.