The ASCCC hosts various types of professional development events statewide throughout the year. In some cases, an ASCCC event may need to be cancelled due to low enrollment, natural disaster, or other extenuating circumstances beyond control of the ASCCC.
In the case that an ASCCC event has to be cancelled, the following procedures will be followed:
- Immediate and official written communication will be sent to all individuals who are responsible for presenting at and coordinating the event.
- Whenever possible, notification will be sent to attendees regarding the cancellation of the event at least three-days--not including weekends--in advance of the planned event.
- Notification will be sent to all colleges and faculty utilizing various ASCCC listservs, including but not limited to the senate president listserv.
- If applicable, a notice of cancellation will be sent to the host college or colleges.
- The listing of the event will remain on the ASCCC website and will include information that the event was cancelled. Questions will be directed to events [at] asccc.org.
Approved by ASCCC Executive Committee April 2021