Whereas, The Bylaws of the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges include procedures and criteria for conferring the status of senator emeritus on individuals;
Whereas, Mark Snowhite not only drafted but has now satisfied those requirements as a retired faculty member of the California Community College System who has completed well more than the required five (5) years of significant service to the Academic Senate:
- Executive Committee member of the State Academic Senate from 1997 to 2005;
- Secretary of the Academic Senate and chair of numerous committees, including Basic Skills, Budget, Resolutions, and Publications;
- Chair of the Academic Senate’s Standards and Practices Committee, where he oversaw an extensive revision of the Academic Senate’s constitution, bylaws, and policies and chaired two cycles of the disciplines list review;
- Representative for Area D;
- Facilitator, leader, scribe, and attendee at ECCTYC, IMPAC, and ICAS;
- Colleague who by example personifies collegiality and mentorship at his college and throughout California’s higher education system; and
Whereas, Mark Snowhite has contributed to countless papers and resolutions and provided wise counsel founded on years of experience at Crafton Hills College and at virtually every facet of the System;
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges recognize Mark Snowhite’s extraordinary and distinguished service by awarding him the status of senator emeritus with all rights and privileges thereof; and
Resolved, That the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges convey to Mark Snowhite its heartfelt congratulations upon his retirement and wish him and his family every happiness in the years to come.
MSU Disposition: Local Senates
The Senate Office updated information to designate Mark as Senator Emeritus with all the privileges granted to him including free fall and spring plenary registration and Rostrum publications.