Black Caucus Statement of Purpose
To support the teaching and learning goals of Black faculty and students by prioritizing an equity lens that considers the Pan-African perspectives of Black people and how it impacts their experiences in education such as the implications of race and ethnicity, intersectionality, socioeconomic status, diverse hiring pools, micro-aggressions, leadership role disparity, and how new initiatives impact Umoja Programs and Black students as a disproportionately impacted population.
Anticipated activities and objectives:
- Meet at ASCCC Plenary Sessions.
- Meet, network, and deliberate as a Black collective faculty voice on issues of common community college concern that caucus members feel are of vital importance.
- Participate and provide engagement in activities to provide professional development and mentoring opportunities independently and in coordination with ASCCC leadership.
- Seek solutions to issues and concerns through resolutions, rostrum articles, advocacy, events, and distribution of information.
- Seek to make recommendations that improve the work and impact of ASCCC on furthering the mission of the Black Caucus.
Jessica Ayo Alabi, Chair, Orange Coast College
Ty Simpson, Co-chair, San Bernardino College
Denise Pasley, Barstow College
Brandy Thomas, Butte College
Camille Jack, Cuyamaca College
Tina McClurkin, North Orange County Continuing Education
Lance Heard, Mt. San Antonio College
Kimberley Stiemke, North Orange County Continuing Education
Amar Abbott, Taft College
Teresa Aldredge, Cosumnes River College
Robert L. Stewart, LA Southwest College
Jackie Boboye, Chaffey College
Karla Kirk, Fresno City College
Eboni McDuffie, Los Angeles Trade Tech
Ric Epps, Imperial Valley College
Lydia Morales, Ventura College
Alondo Campbell, Santa Ana College
Kristine Wright, LA Southwest College
Tremaine Truitt, Compton College
La'Kisha Simpson, Citrus College
Adrean Jamal Askerneese, Miracosta College
Stephanie Perkins, Monterey Peninsula College
Janue Johnson, San Diego Mesa College
J. Tony Anderson, Hartnell College
Tracey Potts, Modesto College
Nesha Savage , San Diego City College
Selam Gebrekristos, San Diego City College
Hitchcock, Dominique, Norco College
Rachel Hastings, Miracosta College
Maisha N. Jones, Los Angeles Southwest College
Desireé Lee, Antelope Valley College
Diane Brown, Orange Coast College
Lena Heckbert, Miramar College
Constance Walsh, Fullerton College
Tera Reynolds, American River College