APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Mentee Application: https://forms.gle/
Mentor Application: https://forms.gle/
Applications are due Tuesday, November 8 @ 12:00PM
FELA will focus on the development of faculty from historically underrepresented groups in higher education. The academy will provide opportunities to connect with leaders from across the state, to empower faculty to seek leadership roles, and to provide regular contact with mentors. All activities in this leadership development program are designed to ensure participants are ready to meet the challenges of engaging in transformative leadership and equity-minded approaches to working with diverse student populations.
- TO CONNECT: Providing one-on-one mentoring to diverse faculty for personal and professional development with mentors who are campus leaders and/or administrators.
- TO EMPOWER: Creating safe and brave spaces for courageous conversations to investigate equity, diversity, and inclusion; to share personal and collective experiences on race, privilege, and oppression; and to embolden new faculty leaders to advocate for transformative change on their campuses.
- TO GUIDE: Providing networking opportunities and sharing guidance for navigating the systems of higher education. The focus of the mentoring will be to address the specific goals of the mentee.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the faculty purview as outlined in the 10 + 1
- Articulate the framework of inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism, and accessibility (IDEAA) in their professional development and leadership
- Identify various ASCCC resources for local leaders
- Consider their own personal leadership style(s)
- Discuss various structural or systemic challenges for faculty leadership emergence
- Relate their experience to impact their local academic senate work and future leadership
- At least one ASCCC Plenary (virtual or in person) through voting on resolutions
- FELA Cohort Convenings – 2-3 will be scheduled for the 2022-23 year by the Faculty Leadership Development Committee
- Meet monthly with the mentor (in person, phone, or virtual) - duration determined by the mentor in coordination with mentee approximately one half-hour or more per meeting check-in
Pick a minimum of 3 other observation experiences
- Attend an Area meeting for networking
- Attend a local board of trustee meeting or other local governance meeting
- Attend virtually one ASCCC Executive Meeting
- Attend at least one other ASCCC-sponsored event (webinar/ regional/ standing committee meetings, etc.)