The ASCCC Fall 2018 Plenary Session will be held at the Irvine Marriott Hotel in Irvine, CA from November 1-3, 2018. The 2018 Fall Plenary Session theme is RE:Solutions!! We hope that all local faculty leaders will plan to join us in Irvine.
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE/LAST DAY TO CANCEL WITHOUT PENALTY: October 15, 2018.
Please note online registration ends at 5:00 pm Friday October 26. All registrations after this time will be on site only.
Early Registration: $530
Late Registration: $580 - October 16, 2018
Saturday Only Registration: $195
Saturday Only Late Registration: $245 - October 16, 2018
1 Day Presenter Registration: $150
2 Day Presenter Registration: $300
** All Presenters are required to register. **
REGISTRATION OPENS JULY 16, 2018!!!
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Your registration is transferable, please contact the Senate Office in writing at events [at] asccc.org (.)
Please make sure to revisit the eventbrite webpage to transfer your registration per the website instructions.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Payment is required prior to entering an Academic Senate event.
Please remember that the last day to cancel your registration without penalty is always posted at the bottom of each event's webpage, and is listed in each confirmation email. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to events [at] asccc.org on or before the posted date. Registration will not be canceled due to non-payment. All cancellations made after the posted cancellation date will be assessed a $175 cancellation fee.
Full Refunds will not be granted for cancellations after the posted cancellation deadline.
Cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the event will be billed the full registration amount for the conference.
No shows, unclaimed "TBA" attendees, and cancellations made after the deadline will be billed to you and/or your college for the total cost of registration and room if applicable to the event. As attendees are permitted to register without funds, we have no way of determining cancellation unless specifically told, in writing.
It is your responsibility to ensure payment of the registration fee. Submission of your registration signifies agreement with this policy.
Unpaid balances owed to the Academic Senate must be paid off before an attendee can register for a future event.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
No, All attendee registrations must match the ticket. If you would like to transfer your registration, you must cancel the first one, then register the second attendee online. If a payment transfer needs to be made because payment was made by check, you must contact the Senate Office directly with a written notification at events [at] asccc.org (.)
Hotel & Travel
18000 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612-1004
HOTEL AND ROOM RESERVATIONS
Below is the reservation link or call the hotel and be directed to Marriott Reservations at 949-553-0100 to reserve your sleeping rooms for the event. As a reminder, your cut-off date is Tuesday, October 16th. All reservation requests and/or changes received after the cut-off date will be accepted on a space and rate available basis.
Book your group rate for Academic Senate for California Community Colleges ASCCC
ASCCC Fall Plenary
Start date: 11/1/18
End date: 11/3/18
Last day to book: 10/16/18
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Irvine Marriott for 153.00 USD per night
TRANSPORTATION AND DIRECTIONS
The Irvine, CA Marriott Hotel is located in the heart of Orange County and just minutes from Newport Beach and Huntington Beach. Attendees can take advantage of indoor and outdoor shopping at nearby Irvine Spectrum, South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island. Session registrants driving in will receive a discounted rate for self-parking of $15 per day at the Irvine Marriott. Valet parking is not included in this discount.
There are three airports close to the Irvine Marriott - John Wayne, Long Beach and LAX. For those flying into John Wayne Airport-Orange County, the Marriott's complimentary shuttle service will bring you to the Marriott door within minutes. Click here to view transportation options and driving directions to the Irvine Marriott.
Academic Senate for California Community Colleges Audit Report
Disciplines List Hearing will be held Thursday, November 1st 5:30p.m. to 6:30pm. This hearing is the first in the Disciplines List process for the current revision cycle. During this session, attendees will be informed about the proposals submitted to change the Disciplines List by the authors or their designee. Delegates unsure about the Disciplines List process are encouraged to attend. Click here for CCC Confer Participant Instructions.
2018 Spring Plenary Session Minutes
Click here to download the program in PDF.
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Halloween Reception
Thursday, November 1, 2018
8:00 a.m. Registration/Delegate Sign in/Continental Breakfast
8:00 a.m. Meet and Greet for First Time Attendees
8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Delegates Information Session And First Time Attendees
9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. FIRST GENERAL SESSION
Adoption of the Procedures
Presentation: Student Centered Funding Formula
10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Coffee Break
10:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. FIRST BREAKOUT SESSION
- Resolutions 101
- Actions and Strategies for Navigating Through ASCCC Plenary & Resources
- The California Online Community College: 115 Problems and an Academic Senate Ain’t One
- Degrees, Certificates, and Curricular Processes with the New Funding Formula
- CTE and Guided Pathways
- Evaluating ASCCC Mission and Values
- Supporting Justice and Fairness: Correctional Education
- Sponsor Breakout: SmartCatalog–The Smart Way to Manage Academic Content
12:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. SECOND GENERAL SESSION
State of the Senate
Presentation: Guided Pathways... Here and Now!
2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Break
2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. SECOND BREAKOUT SESSION
- Guided Pathways and the Iterative Nature of Everything
- UC Transfer Degree Pilot Program
- Driving Local Action: Leadership is Sometimes Lonely
- Solutions That Solve Problems-Networking & Collaboration As a New Senate Leader
- Regular and Substantive Interaction in Oral Communication and Laboratory Science
- Senate and Union Relations
- Accreditation 101
3:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Break
4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. THIRD BREAKOUT SESSION
- Changing the Election Procedures: An Idea Whose Time Has Come?
- CVC-OEI-C-ID: The Intersection of Initiatives
- The Implementation of Guided Self-Placement—Empowering Students to Select Their Pathway
- Faculty Leadership, Professional Development and the intersection of Gender, Race, and Ethnicity
- Collegial Process at the State Level
- Noncredit and Online Education
- Perfecting Your Resolution - Working Session
4:30 p.m. Resolutions and Amendments Due
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. We Want You! Consider Statewide Service
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Submitting Resolutions and Amendments -Mandatory for Contacts
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Disciplines List Hearing
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. President’s Reception—Dia de loas Muertos
Friday, November 2, 2018
8:00 a.m. Registration/Delegate Sign in and Continental Breakfast
8:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. THIRD GENERAL SESSION
Presentation: AB 705 – Getting Ready for Fall 2019
9:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Break
9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. FOURTH BREAKOUT SESSION
- Hot Topics in Online Education
- Vision Resource Center - Professional Development and Information on Demand
- AB 705 and Considerations for General Education Pathways
- I'm Just a Bill...Legislation and Advocacy with the ASCCC
- Untangling the Knots —Minimum Qualifications, Placing Courses within Disciplines and Other Fun Stuff
- Credit for Military Service - Norco College Success Story and Lessons for all Colleges Through a Student Equity Lens
- Using Noncredit to Support Students
10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Coffee Break
11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Area Meetings
12:30 p.m. Amendments and Urgent Resolutions Due
12:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. FOURTH GENERAL SESSION
Presentation: Faculty Diversification - The Role of the Academic Senate and Senate Presidents
2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Break
2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. FIFTH GENERAL SESSION
Presentation: CTE Minimum Qualifications: Thinking Differently about Equivalency
4:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Break
4:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. FIFTH BREAKOUT SESSION
- Submitting Amendments and Urgent Resolutions-Mandatory for Contacts
- Career Education and C-ID
- Support Gender, Ethnicity, and Racial Diversity on your Campus
- Open Educational Resources
- Strengthening Processes within Local Academic Senates and Curriculum Committees
- Credit for Prior Learning—Lessons from Military Credit
- Representing All Faculty: Role of the Senate President
5:45 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. ASCCC Caucus Meetings
6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Executive Committee Meeting
Saturday, November 3, 2018
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Final Delegate Sign In
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Breakfast Buffet
9:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. SIXTH GENERAL SESSION
Resolution Voting Begins
12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. SIXTH GENERAL SESSION CONTINUES
Area A Meeting
Date and Time: Friday, Friday, March 24, 2023, 10:00am - 3:00pm
Hello Area A!
Area B Meeting
Date and Time: Friday, Friday, March 24, 2023, 10:00am - 3:00pm
Hello Area B!
Area C Meeting
In preparation for ASCCC Fall 2019 Plenary, the Fall 2019 Area C meeting will be at
RIO HONDO COLLEGE
3600 Workman Mill Road, Whittier, CA 90601
Building/Room: Administration 103
Zoom Info: See top of agenda
Saturday, October 12 @ 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Parking Pass not necessary. Park in Lot F. (See attached map on bottom of this page)
Area D Meeting
Date and Time: Friday, Saturday, March 25, 2023, 9:00am - 2:00pm
Hello Area D!