2016 Fall Plenary Session
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 17th, 2016
Online Registration will end Sunday October 30th. All registration after this date will be onsite only!
Early Registration: $450
Late Registration: $515 after October 17th
1 Day Presenter Registration: $110
2 Day Presenter Registration: $215
Eventbrite can take payment by check or credit card. If you are choosing the check payment option, please select other payment options on the form at the bottom right.
Attendees are responsible for securing their own hotel rooms. Please see the Hotel tab below for reservation information.
If you are a Senator Emeritus, please contact us at events [at] asccc.org (events [at] asccc.org )for special registration instructions.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Please make sure to revisit the eventbrite webpage to transfer your registration per the website instructions.
What is the cancellation/refund policy?
Payment is required prior to entering an Academic Senate event.
Please remember that the last day to cancel your registration without penalty is always posted at the bottom of each event's webpage, and is listed in each confirmation email. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to events [at] asccc.org on or before the posted date. Registration will not be canceled due to non-payment. All cancellations made after the posted cancellation date will be assessed a $175 cancellation fee.
Full Refunds will not be granted for cancellations after the posted cancellation deadline.
Cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the event will be billed the full registration amount for the conference.
No shows, unclaimed "TBA" attendees, and cancellations made after the deadline will be billed to you and/or your college for the total cost of registration and room if applicable to the event. As attendees are permitted to register without funds, we have no way of determining cancellation unless specifically told, in writing.
It is your responsibility to ensure payment of the registration fee. Submission of your registration signifies agreement with this policy.
Unpaid balances owed to the Academic Senate must be paid off before an attendee can register for a future event.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
No, All attendee registrations must match the ticket. If you would like to transfer your registration, you must cancel the first one, then register the second attendee online. If a payment transfer needs to be made because payment was made by check, you must contact the Senate Office directly with a written notification at events [at] asccc.org (events [at] asccc.org.)
If you would like to pay by check, please select "show other payment options" at the bottom of the registration form.
Fall Plenary will be taking place at The Westin South Coast Plaza: 686 Anton Blvd. Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
· You can make hotel reservations online by utilizing the website link. The reservation website has been set up for making hotel reservations. Please use the following site to make your reservations: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/2016FallPlenarySession
If the online reservation system says that there are not rooms available, it simply means that we don't have the availability within our group block. However, the hotel should still have availability outside of the room block. Please phone the reservation number below to make your reservations.
· You can also make reservations by phone: Please call 1-800-937-8461 to make a reservation over the phone. Please note they are calling Starwood Central Reservations and are not speaking with an associate at the hotel.
Rooms are limited and will sell out. Please make your hotel reservation early.
Room Rates: $149 - Single; $149 - Double; $169 - Triple; $189 - Quad
Included: Free guest room internet and discounted self-parking at $5 per car.
Airport Shuttle Information: The Westin offers complimentary airport transportation via their hotel shuttle. Please see map and instructions posted below.
Back Up Hotel Information
The Westin is almost sold out of our room block!! Here are some back-up hotel options.
Marriott Costa Mesa is located at 500 Anton Boulevard, Costa Mesa, California 92626
The other hotel within walking distance is the Avenue of the Arts Hotel http://www.avenueoftheartshotel.com/
Please note you will need to book through their website reservation site and the rate will vary depending on when you request the room.
Please contact Edie Martinelli - Academic Senate Event Planner at 916-445-4753x102 with any questions or concerns. edie [at] asccc.org
Disciplines List Hearing will be held Friday, November 4th 4:00p.m. to 5:00pm. Click here for CCC Confer Participant Instructions.
Interested candidates please complete the Application for Foundation Director Form (see below) and return it to the Academic Senate Foundation registration desk onsite or via email to Erika Prasad, Foundation Development Manager: erika [at] asccc.org no later than 5 pm on Thursday, November 3rd.
- Foundation Election Announcement and Information
- Application for Foundation Director
- Foundation Director Election Candidate Statements
Thursday, November 3, 2016
7:30 a.m. Registration/Delegate Sign in/Continental Breakfast
7:30 a.m. Breakfast for First Time Attendees
8:00 a.m. Delegates Information Session
8:00 a.m. Foundation Candidate Orientation
8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. FIRST GENERAL SESSION
Welcome: Julie Bruno, President
Adoption of the Procedures: John Stanskas, Vice President
Keynote President: Brian Murphy, President De Anza College
9:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Coffee Break
10:00 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. FIRST BREAKOUT SESSION
- Information is Power: The ABCs of Plenary and A Brief Guide for First Time Attendees and Delegates
- Expansion of SLOs in the Accreditation Standards: Accreditation SLOs Are Everywhere
- Technology for the California Community Colleges: Where We Are and Where We Are Going?
- Job Announcement to Tenure Review: Continuing the Conversation on Faculty Diversity and Educationa Policies
- Brian Murphy Follow-up Breakout
- Strong Workforce Recommendations: Curriculum
11:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Break
11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. SECOND BREAKOUT SESSION
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: New Ideas in Curriculum
- Surviving and Accreditation Visit
- @ONE, the PLN, and the ASCCC - Meeting Your Professional Development Needs
- Regional CTE Conversations: How is Your Local Senate Involved?
- Basic Skills Innovation
- Minimum Qualifications, the Disciplines List, and Equivalency
- Part-time Faculty Evaluation
12:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. SECOND GENERAL SESSION: LUNCHEON
Foundation Presentation, Ginni May
Foundation Election Nominations: Dan Crump
Resolution Presentation: Wheeler North
Panel Presentation: Guided Pathways
2:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Break
3:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. THIRD BREAKOUT SESSION
- Pathways: Investigating Possibilities and Exploring Options
- Looking Towards More Accurate Program Data: TOP Code Alignment
- Institutional Support for our Formerly Incarcerated Students
- IEPI Update: Indicators, PRTs, and Professional Development
- Transfer Pathways to the CSU and UC: Opportunities and Challenges
- The Role of ASCCC Liaisons: Why a Local Senate Should Appoint Liaisons
- Vendor: A Solution for your Underprepared Students
4:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Recruitment Meeting
4:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Resolution Writing
5:00 p.m. Resolutions Due
5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Caucus Meetings
5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Foundation Candidate Orientation
Friday, November 4, 2016
7:30 a.m. Registration/Delegate Sign in and Continental Breakfast
8:15 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. THIRD GENERAL SESSION
State of the Senate: Julie Bruno, President
Resolution Recognition: Cynthia Rico
9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. FOURTH BREAKOUT SESSION
- ACCJC and Regional Accreditation: An Update on Workgroups I and II
- The Legislature Did What?! A Legislative Update
- College Promise in California
- Noncredit - Updates and Challenges
- Integrating the Plans: Leveraging Your Student Equity, Basic Skills, Strong Workforce, Student Success and Support Programs, and Adult Education Block Grant Funding
10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Coffee Break
10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Area Meetings:
Area A: Grant Goold
Area B: Cleavon Smith
Area C: Adrienne Foster
Area D: Craig Rutan
12:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. FOURTH GENERAL SESSION: LUNCHEON
Resolution Presentation: David Morse
Keynote Presentation: Incoming Chancellor Eloy Ortiz Oakley
2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Break
2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. FIFTH BREAKOUT SESSION
- Follow up with Eloy Ortiz Oakley
- Making ASCCC Faculty Development More Accessible
- ASCCC Periodic Review: An Update
- Zero-Textbook-Cost (ZTC) Degrees Moving Forward
- Strong Workforce Recommendations: Regional Coordination
- The Continuing Path Towards the Common Assessment
- Vendor: Strong Workforce Delivered—Designing a Program that improves Students Outcomes
3:00 p.m. Resolution Office Hour
4:00 p.m. Amendments and Urgent Resolutions Due
4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Resolution Amendment Discussions
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Disciplnes List Hearing
5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Executive Committee Meeting
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. President's Reception
Saturday, November 5, 2016
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Final Delegate Sign In
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Breakfast
8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. FIFTH GENERAL SESSION
Elections and Resolution Voting Begins
12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. Lunch Buffet
Secretary’s Report: Dolores Davison
Treasurer’s Report: John Freitas
1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. FIFTH GENERAL SESSION CONTINUES